Place branding and rural development
- A.A. 2018/2019
- CFU 9
- Ore 54
- Classe di laurea LM-49
The aim of the course is to give students a deep knowledge of place branding in rural areas, answering to the following questions:
- Which market segments have to be addressed by rural tourism initiatives?
- Which typologies of tourism products can be more appealing?
- Which changes have been observed in tourists preferences and needs?
- What is the positioning of tour operators and travel agencies in the market of rural tourism?
- How initiatives of rural branding are planned and implemented?
- Which is the role of different stakeholders and which strategies can be followed to effectively realised their engagement?
Definition of Place Branding
Definition of Tourism and Rural Development
Place branding in rural areas: a European and Mediterranean perspective
Case studies at international level
Case studies at national level
Networks of gastronomic and sustainable food cities
Seminars and field trips with key informants
Laboratories, study visits and case studies in Marche Region
- 1. (C) Cavicchi Alessio, Santini Cristina Food and Wine Events in Europe: a Stakeholder Approach Routledge, New York, 2014
- 2. (A) Alessio Cavicchi Sustainable Food Systems: A Mediterranean Perspective SDG Academy, United States, 2018 » Pagine/Capitoli: Modules 1-10
Lecture notes, handouts, videos and ppt presentations will be uploaded on the course webpage.
During face-to-face lessons, theoretical issues and resuls of recent scientific research on rural and gastronomic tourism and place branding will be discussed.
Moreover, some exercises related to europen project design and management in the field of sustainable tourism and place branding will be offered.
Finally, through a "location based learning" approach, one or more study visits to hospitality facilities in rural areas will be performed.