European union institutions and policies
- A.A. 2015/2016
- CFU 8
- Ore 40
- Classe di laurea LM-52
The course aims to provide students with a comprehensive overview of the
European Union's core institutions, internal and foreign policies. It will explain
the working of the EU institutions, and analyze their contribution to the
European policy-making process. It also introduces the students to the main
theoretical interpretations of the development of the European Union.
The main topics of the course are (8 CFU):
- a short history of the evolution of the EU
- theoretical perspectives on EU integration
- the EU's institutions and their roles in the policy making process
- major EU policy fields (single market, competition policy, social policy,
environmental policy, justice and home affairs as well as foreign and security
- the role of the EU as an international actor
- the most important strategic partnerships of the EU with international
organizations and major powers.
- 1. (A) E. Bomberg, J. Peterson, e R. Corbett The European Union How Does it Work? Oxford University Press, Oxford, 2011
- 2. (A) C. Hill and M. Smith International Relations and the European Union Oxford University Press, Oxford, 2011 » Pagine/Capitoli: Cap. 1, 4, 7, 8, 9, 16, 17
- E. Bomberg, J. Peterson, e R. Corbett The European Union How Does it Work?, Oxford University Press, 2012.
- Bomberg, J. Peterson, e R. Corbett, The European Union How Does it Work?, Oxford University Press, 2012.
- C. Hill and M. Smith, International Relations and the European Union, Oxford University Press, 2011 (Chapters. 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 15, 16, 17, 19)
Analisi di studi di caso