International marketing - International fashion marketing (mod. b)
- A.A. 2018/2019
- CFU 3
- Ore 20
- Classe di laurea LM-77
Internationalization is critical for any business, and especially so for global by- nature fashion brands. Of the many industry sectors, fashion is probably one of the most active in terms of internationalization. Compared with other industry sectors, it is generally easier for fashion brands to enter international markets because little financial investment is required, small- scale retail space is possible, and economies of scale can be maximized. Moreover, the dynamic global market, widespread supplier networks and supply chains strengthen the fashion industry's advantage in internationalization. As a result, there are more successful internationalization cases in the fashion industry than in any other sector. The course aims to analise the internationalization of fashion brands, with a focus on brnding, communication and innovation (product and process).
Overview of Fashion Brand Internationalization: Theories and Trends.
- Characteristics of the fashion industry and its products
- The nature of fashion brand internationalization
- Internationalization models
- Choice of entry mode
- New trends in fashion brand internationalization
Brands as Core Assets: Trends and Challenges of Branding in Fashion Business
- Concepts and classification of brand
- Fashion brand development and management
- Fashion brand communication
- Challenges and issues in luxury fashion branding
Product and Process Innovation in Fashion Industry
- Innovation in materials: the new frontiers of the textile Sector
- Innovation in style
- Innovation in product development.
- 1. (A) Jin B. - Cedrola E. Fashion Brand Internationalization Palgrave Macmillan, New York, 2016 » Pagine/Capitoli: Chapters and pages will be defined during the course, then published in the website
- 2. (A) Jin B., Cedrola E. Fashion Branding and Communication Palgrave Macmillan, New York, 2017 » Pagine/Capitoli: Will be defined during the course, then published in the website
- 3. (A) Jin B., Cedrola E. Product Innovation in the Global Fashion Industry Palgrave Macmillan, New York, 2018 » Pagine/Capitoli: Will be defined during the course, then published in the website
The charts used during the course and some integrative articles will be published during the course in the website.
- Lectures, case studies, work groups, video.