Pedagogy of human resources
- A.A. 2014/2015
- CFU 6
- Ore 36
- Classe di laurea LM-49
The student may be facilitated by knowledge of the basic elements of the human sciences.
The purpose of the course is to create the competence to process proposals and criteria referring to the relationship between the sciences of storytelling and marketing, taking into account the channels or instrumental dimensions in which the storytelling is applied: the paper channel, the relationship channel and the digital/ visual channel. The course aims to ascertain how consumption has become narrative by examining the guidelines and essential levels of its social influencing - applied to the business world, consumption and institutions-, by reproducing the dynamics of narrative that a company or a product can employ; by checking through the techniques of measurement of the stories as the narrative may be more or less effective and why.
The identity of each of us, our emotions, actions and relations are crossed by narratives that guide our choices, even when we buy products and services. And every product and service, every company, tell stories that attract or repel customers. For this reason it is important that young professionals learn how business strategies of the narrative apply to the market and business. An important aspect of corporate culture is its ability to influence relationship dynamics. The course aims to analyze some strategies that allow to sell more and better through stories.
The course will examine how organizational stories can be used to study often unstated and perhaps unconscious codes for resolving conflicts, approaching decision-making, determining perceptions of positive and negative organizational forces, guiding role behavior, and the like. The advantages and disadvantages in using this technique will be discussed. Although it is still an emerging discipline in HR, professionals can benefit from storytelling because it's an effective way to communicate with people. The ability to tell the right story at the right time is emerging as an essential leadership skill for coping with, and getting business results in, the turbulent world of the 21st century.
Program 6CFU for attending students: any additional study materials will be provided during the course.
program 6 CFU for non-attending students:will be studied two textts among the adopted and the suggested ones.
- 1. (A) S.Reissner, V.Pagan Storytelling in Managment Practise. Dynamics and Implications Routledge, New York, 2013 » Pagine/Capitoli: 100
- 2. (A) A.Fontana Storytelling. Strategie del raccontoper vendere se stessi, i propri prodotti, la propria azienda ETAS, Milano, 2010 » Pagine/Capitoli: 100
- 3. (C) C.Ryan The Tourist experience: a new introduction Continuum International Publishing Gropu, University of Michigan, 2002 » Pagine/Capitoli: "Making or breaking the tourist experience: the role of human resources managment" pp.80-110
- 4. (C) A.Fontana Storytelling Kit. 99 esercizi per il pronto intervento narrativo ETAS, Milano, 2010 » Pagine/Capitoli: 50
Program by 6CFU for attending students :
During the course the teacher will produce a selection of chapters of proposed textbooks . Additional teaching materials -handouts, audio-visual, slides- will be also provided during the course.
Program by 6CFU for non-attending students:
Students should prepare two texts to be chosen among the ones proposed as used or recommended.
- Lectures dialogues
- Exercises in small and medium group
- Vision of audio-visual materials
- Analysis of case studies
- Production (educational project, presentation of a topic)