International marketing - International marketing (mod. b)
- A.A. 2016/2017
- CFU 3
- Ore 20
- Classe di laurea LM-77
Basics of Marketing
The second part of the course (mod.b) aims to equip students with the necessary skills to operate in the global or international context. In particular, the course aims to provide the marketing methods to understand, analyse, plan and conduct business internationally.
The development of the methodology of international marketing plan applied to some business cases, allow students to experience the setup of the internationalization of enterprises.
The course program will focus on the following phases:
- Analysis of a successful Italian company that operates in international markets: discussion of the business case, SWOT analysis
- Research, analysis and selection of international markets to enter, opportunity assessment, decision matrix and selection of the Country
- Decision: objectives definition and choice of international marketing strategy: entry mode and distribution, product and brand for the international market, pricing, communication
- 1. (A) Byoungho Jin and Elena Cedrola Fashion Brand Internationalization Opportunities and Challenges Palgrave, Palgrave, 2016
- 2. (C) Michael R. Czinkota and Ilkka A. Ronkainen Principles of International Marketing (10th Edition) Cengage learning , Cengage learning , 2013
Students will be provided with teaching notes and slides (for attending and non-attending students).
Discussion of case studies, group work and assignment to elaborate the international marketing plan, seminar with guest speaker.
Classes will be possibly held in a computer room in order to provide students of the search tools on the Internet network.
The course is taught in English