Economic policy + financial crisis - Economic policy
- A.A. 2018/2019
- CFU 6
- Ore 40
- Classe di laurea LM-77
Basic knowledge of microeconomics and macroeconomics
The course aims to provide an understanding of the theory of economic policy by focusing on issues of economic development.
1. Basic economic relations
5. The State
6. Meaning of development
7. Economic Aspects of Development
8. Non-Economic Aspects of Development
9. Strategies for Development
10. Globalization and Poverty
- 1. (A) C.T. Kurien Wealth and Illfare Books for Change, Bangalore, 2012 » Pagine/Capitoli: All chapters
- 2. (A) A.K. Dutt Pathways to Economic Development Oxford University Press, Oxford, 2014 » Pagine/Capitoli: All chapters
- 3. (A) M. Nissanke and E. Thorbecke Introduction: Globalization-Poverty Channels and Case Studies from Sub-Saharan Africa African Development Review , Volume 20(1), 2008 » Pagine/Capitoli: pp. 1-19
- 4. (A) A.S. Bhalla (ed.) Globalization, Growth and Marginalization International Development Research Centre, Ottawa, 1998 » Pagine/Capitoli: P. Streeten "Globalization: Threat or Salvation?"
- Traditional lessons with occasional discussions.
English will be used throughout the course
The exam will be in English