Landscape and environment geography
- A.A. 2016/2017
- CFU 9
- Ore 54
- Classe di laurea LM-49
Observation and listening skills.
Favourable attitude for interdisciplinary study and approach.
Availability and use of an atlas and a PC.
The course aims to provide geography's foundamental theoretical tools, and to use them as keys for understanding the reality of macro-regions, individual States, other regional entities and their exploitation for tourism purposes.
Particular attention will be given to the "construction", the exploitation and promotion of the landscapes.
Basic concepts of environment and landscape;
Environmental degradation and protection;
The changing relationship between man and nature;
Regional landscapes: Marche, Italy, Europe and North America.
Tourist Regions as complex and integrated territories;
The representation of tourist spaces and places.
- 1. (C) BETTI S. Great Lakes e St Lawrence Seaway Loffredo, Napoli, 2011
- 2. (A) COSGROVE D. Geography and vision: seeing, imagining and representing the world Tauris, London and New York, 2008
- 3. (A) OLWIG K.R. Recovering the Substantive Nature of Landscape Annals of the A.A.G. n. 4 (86), Taylor and Francis Group, 1996 » Pagine/Capitoli: pagine 630-653
- 4. (A) BETTI S. Film-Reinduced Tourism. The Hatfield-McCoy Feud Case "AlmaTourism" (Journal of Tourism, Culture and Territorial Development), Special Issue Film-induced Tourism, Vol. 6, No. 4 [ISSN 2036-5195], almatourism.unibo.it, 2015 » Pagine/Capitoli: pp. 117-145
Any additional materials will be provided during class. Similar materials will then be included in the professor's personal web page.
- Dialogued lectures;
- Trainings and Tutorials in small and medium groups;
- Analysis of case studies;
- Individual and group simulations, offering the opportunity to deal with real "problem soving" and designing autonomous solutions.