Hispanic language and culture
- Lingua e cultura spagnola (livello avanzato) Classe: LM-49
- A.A. 2015/2016
- CFU 9, 9(m)
- Ore 54, 54(m)
- Classe di laurea LM-49, LM-49(m)
B1.1 level in Spanish, according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
Students are expected to achieve the level B2.1 in Spanish proficiency, according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. More specific learning objectives of the course are: a) to acquire knowledges, skills and abilities in the Spanish technical language of tourism; b) to be able to interact in professional situations related with tourism; c) to gain expertise translating texts related to the tourism sector. It is expected, moreover, that students will acquire abilities to promote the autonomous learning by the use of lexicographical, bibliographical and technological tools.
1) Spanish language as a communication system: a) skills and abilities according to the B2.1
Common European Framework of Reference for Languages; b) geographical distribution of Spanish
and dialectal varieties. NB: The native speaker teacher (CLA) will hold a level course to
complement the grammar part of the program.
2) Technical language of tourism. Lexical areas: travel agency (mails, tourist routes, contracts and
agreements with service providers); tourism management and planning (institutional
communication, specialized web press); cultural tourism (communication of cultural heritage).
3) Translation theory and practice in the field of tourism: how to translate commercial mails,
contracts, routes, institutional web sites, dépliants, advertising texts.
- 1. (C) Castro, Francisca Uso de la gramática española. Nivel avanzado. Edelsa 2007 » Pagine/Capitoli: Tutto
- 2. (A) Concha Moreno, Martina Tuts Cinco Estrellas, español para el turismo Sgel 2009 » Pagine/Capitoli: Segunda parte
Further teaching materials (audiovisual, articles, blogs) will be distributed and used during the lessons and will form part of the mandatory bibliography of the course. This material is not specified here as it will be selected from authentic materials based on current issues and motivations emerged from time to time in the class.
The lessons are held exclusively in spanish. the active and motivated participation from the
students is required.
the teaching methods will be:
exercises in groups.
lecture with discussion
use of multimedia (audio-visual aids, web sites, blogs)
presentations of individual and team researches.
further practices and exercises will be realized by the native speaker teacher.